Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Sand Baggin SOB

CFDaytona WOD
courtesy of Jesse

3 Rounds for Time:
50m 120# sandbag shuttle run
1 Sandbag clean after each 10m mark
20 burpees at the end of each round

13:?? This wod started out in a good direction, but as I ran with what felt like dead body over my shoulder I realized that this is gonna suck! I took off the line maintaining a speed that would allow me to stay in a good position to take the lead in later rounds. Round one ended with me and RH running side by side. As round two came, what started out as a slow jog quickly became two grown men power walk racing 50m. I actually felt pretty good during this wod, transitions were smooth, cleans with the bag became faster and more efficient and then I got kicked in the nuts...Mid way through the 3rd round as I made my lead on the pack my F*&$ bag busted open! In an effort to maintain my lead I quickly dismantled the POS and took on 3 sandbags that were not willing to go easy. This in an of itself became a workout, needless to say at that point my lead had been lost. In a last chance effort to take the checkered flag I dropped my 3 bags and began to pound my face into the asphalt only to hear RH call time as I was two burpees short of recovery from disaster. FML...video coming soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment